The Friday Buzz: Keeping it Light!


Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts!

This week we’re keeping it light or is it lite? Or is it lyte? Well, whatever it is, we’re still in vacay mode and I’m sure you are too, so we’re going to make this fast!

It’s a brand new year! YAY! I have lots of goals and ambitions for the year of 2020, and my first is to finish my goals and ambitions for last year… and the year before that. KIDDING.

I actually do love setting goals and I’m all for setting them at any time of the year (or any time of the day, really. I’ve set goals at 2 am before!) but there’s just something so fresh and exciting about the new year and new dreams. Kind of like opening up a new box of crayons and smelling that waxy goodness… know what I’m saying?

It’s been a slower week here at Simply Recipes, so there’s not a whole lot to catch up on, but there are a few things!

OUR FAVES FROM THE WEEK

  • One slick flick – I totally got sucked into this cooking show on YouTube. Can’t seem to tear my eyeballs away from the screen. (PS They also have a cookbook out! It’s on my list!)
  • The Singing Doctor – Last week Andy shared a song from The Offspring, and after a little digging around, we found out the drummer is now an OB/GYN. Now there’s some news that’ll blow your mind!
  • Cray cray for Jo Jo’s! The Team can’t stay away from Trader Joe’s Peppermint Jo Jo’s! May day!
  • Blissful Blossoms – Summer thoroughly enjoyed a few Peanut Butter Blossoms over the holiday break, and we are totally cool with that because THEY’RE AH-MAZE.

And that’s basically it. Told ya it was short!

MEANWHILE ON THE INSTAGRAM

We hosted our first Virtual Ugly Sweater Party (so fun!), gave away a fun gift box, and basically broke the interwebz with this lovely recipe. It’s part of my New Year’s resolution to eat it every day. KIDDING AGAIN.

READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK

We really felt the love from all y’all this holiday season! You’re so kind with the comments you leave and the stories you share… we just wanted to give you a giant THANKS! and let you all know that you’re all a winner in our book! Or should I say you’re all a winner on our site because we’re not a book?! I digress…

HERE’S TO 2020! Cheers!

Comments